In The News: 8 ways to protect your children from the COVID delta variant
Recently Dr. Meena Iyer, chief medical officer at Dell Children’s Medical Center spoke to the Austin American Statesman about the current surge in COVID-19 cases. Dr Iyer, following the recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, recommends parents do these things to help reduce their child’s risk for COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated themselves.
- Get kids 12 and older vaccinated.
- Return to wearing masks whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Wear a mask and social distance to prevent other illnesses.
- Avoid crowded spaces indoors and outdoors.
- Remind kids to wear their masks wherever they go, including at school.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Get ready for more vaccine news this fall.
You can read the full story and get additional details on these recommendations by visiting the original article linked here.