Ways to GiveVolunteer
Become A Volunteer At Dell Children’s Medical Center!
When you join the team of Ascension Seton Volunteers at Dell Children’s, you’re not just joining a group – you’re becoming part of our Dell Children’s and Ascension Seton family! Our volunteers are a diverse group of dedicated people with a heart to serve others. Teachers, grandparents, college students, former nurses and therapists, bankers, business owners, empty nesters, retirees and more – our volunteers come from different backgrounds, but they are united by their compassionate spirits and dedication to our mission of service. Each person carries a unique set of life skills and experiences that bring warmth and kindness to our families, patients, and visitors.
Contagious smiles, comforting presences, huge hearts – our volunteers make Dell Children’s feel like home. If you have a servant heart and desire to bring compassion to your community, the Ascension Seton volunteer program is the place for you!
Take a closer look at the Ascension Seton Volunteer Program and join us!
Volunteers serve inside the hospitals and in outpatient clinics throughout the area. They provide non-clinical support to our staff, freeing up our staff to spend more time with our patients. Volunteering is a great way to make new friends and make a difference all at once!
Volunteers commit to a 3 or 4 hour shift each week. Shifts are available 7 days each week. Due to the time and effort we put into screening, onboarding, and training new volunteers, we require a minimum 6 month commitment. Our volunteer program includes college students, retired adults, and adults who are still active in the workforce.
If you are currently active in the workforce and your employer offers Volunteer Time Off or donations to the Non-Profit organization where you will be serving, please reach out to one of our Directors of Volunteers so that we can discuss opportunities. We are grateful for your employer’s commitment to serving their greater community!
Due to the nature of our work there are a number of requirements that all Ascension Volunteers must meet. Please review the Immunization requirements and General requirements below before submitting your application.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must provide Social Security Number
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Meet volunteer immunization requirements (see below)
- Consent to Criminal Background Check
- Commit to 4 hours of service to each week
- Complete orientation and training; details will be forwarded to accepted applicants
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Urine Drug Screen (completed only at Ascension Occupational Health clinics)
All Ascension Texas volunteers must meet these immunization requirements:
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Varicella – Chicken Pox (either history of disease or proof of vaccination)
- TB (tuberculosis) must be a TB blood draw QFT Gold or Tspot within 90 days of application submission
- Current season Flu shot is required
- TDAP within the last 10 years
Ready To Apply?
- Volunteer applications for all hospital sites, including Dell Children’s Medical Center, are managed through the Ascension Seton Volunteer program.
- Please only apply to one Ascension Seton facility.
For additional questions, please contact the Director of Volunteers:
For information about volunteering at other Ascension Seton sites please visit ascensiontexasfoundations.org/volunteer