Join Team Dell Children’s
Sunday, April 25, 2021
Raising Funds To Benefit Dell Children’s Medical Center
Thank you for your choice to join the charity team benefiting Dell Children’s Medical Center as we unite to serve kids and families across Central Texas.
Dell Children’s Medical Center relies on support from the community to ensure our doors stay open and that no child is ever turned away regardless of their family’s ability to pay. We are thankful for partners like you, who raise critical funds and awareness that allows us to carry out our mission of providing Family Centered Care at Dell Children’s.
Thank you for your commitment to run on behalf of the kids and families at Dell Children’s Medical Center, and thank you for raising money for your local Children’s Hospital. We wish you the best of luck in the race, and we will be cheering you on every step of the way!
How To Join Team Dell Children’s
When you run with Team Dell Children’s your fundraising efforts directly support our little patients and their families here at Dell Children’s Medical Center.
Getting started is easy and we’re always here to help you in your running and fundraising efforts:
Sign up to run the 2021 Austin Marathon, Half Marathon or 5K
*already registered? Skip to step 2.
Join Team Dell Children’s and create your fundraising page
*choose ‘run for charity’ on the CrowdRise page
Share your fundraiser with family and friends!
*we’re got some helpful tips to get you started
What Is My Fundraising Supporting?
Dell Children’s Medical Center is the only dedicated freestanding pediatric Level One Trauma Center in the region, serving a 46-county area and beyond, with more specialists than anywhere else. Dell Children’s is the premier provider of care for children and adolescents across Central Texas. For over a decade, we have changed how our children are cared for in our community. The community has been with Dell Children’s every step of the way ensuring our kids can receive the best possible care, right HERE in our own backyard. We need you to be with us now more than ever.
Dell Children’s relies on support from the community to ensure our doors stay open and that no child is ever turned away regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Roughly 70% of Dell Children’s patients are under-insured or uninsured, and we could not provide the same level of world class care to every child without philanthropic support. Our generous community also helps to provide critical layers of Family Centered Care inside Dell Children’s that make it different from a regular hospital. From our beautiful and welcoming Platinum LEED Certified facility, to things like playrooms full of toys and games staffed with art and music therapists to make sure that kids can be kids…even when they’re in the hospital.
Did you know?
$5 could provide ten micro preemie diapers for the tiniest babies in the NICU
$10 could provide an instrument for music therapy
$25 could provide a breast pump for a nursing mom
$50 could provide a neonatal stethoscope designed for use on the smallest patients
$100 could provide a wagon for a child to use instead of a wheelchair
$500 could provide specialized protective eye covers for babies with jaundice undergoing phototherapy
$1,000 could provide a hearing aid start up kit for kids with hearing loss
$5,000 could provide a heart monitor that could save a life
How To Kick-Start Your Fundraising!
Because every dollar you raise goes directly to children and their families at Dell Children’s Medical Center. We know asking for donations can sometimes be awkward, but you’ll be surprised how much your friends and family want to support you and your mission.
If you need help, check out helpful tips below. Or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help and want you to be successful at fundraising!
Start with your networks
- Professional, volunteer, or religious network
- Social media connections
Craft your messaging
Start asking yourself the following questions:
- What does Dell Children’s Medical Center mean to me?
- Why did I make the commitment to run for Dell Children’s?
- What are my goals this year? Am I increasing my distance? Am I running for the first time?
- How has Dell Children’s impacted my life and why do I believe it is important to raise money for things like research, equipment and charity care for families who can’t afford to pay?
- If a friend told me that his/her donation wouldn’t really make a difference, what would I say to them?
Make it personal and do it now!
The most successful fundraisers ASK as many supporters as possible in very personal ways and they do not procrastinate. We recommend sending at least four communications to your network of supporters including the following messages:
- Announce that you have decided to run for the Ascension Seton Team Benefiting Dell Children’s Medical Center, share your story and why this movement is so important to you, and ask for support.
- Share and update on your training and progress to your goal. Thank everyone who has already donated and offer a gentle reminder to those who haven’t yet.
- Following Race Day, share details about what your experience was like and include photos. This is another great opportunity to thank everyone who supported you along the way.
- Share the success of Ascension Seton Team Benefiting Dell Children’s Medical Center and how grateful you are for your supporters.
- Set a personal goal today (we suggest $250)
- Make the first gift yourself to show your commitment
- Tell your story: share your passion with family, friends, coworkers and everyone in between
- Spread the work on social media
- Find out whether your company has a matching gift program. If so, partner with your workplace on a matching gift
- Send a personalized letter using your holiday card mailing list